Thin pancakes with warm blueberry topping!
These do the job when you’re craving the real thing on a Paleo diet. They are gluten and dairy free.
The pancakes are about 3″ wide (makes about 6), but you can make them slightly larger and cook a little longer if desired. This recipe works good for 1 serving, so double it if needed.
Warm blueberries are naturally sweet so you don’t even need to use maple syrup. You can add almond flour or coconut flour to these to get them thicker if desired.
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Paleo
Yield: 6 thin pancakes
Time: 10 min
- 1 organic banana
- 2 organic pasture raised eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 scoop Vega Vanilla Protein Powder or Collagen Powder
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- Add the vanilla extract, protein powder, eggs, and peeled banana to a mixing bowl. You can add baking powder to get them a little thicker. If you don’t have any on hand, it’s ok. Most times I don’t use it.
- Using a fork, mash the banana against the side of the bowl until it’s pretty smashed down. Use the fork to whisk all ingredients together. It’s ok to be a little lumpy, but try to mash down most of the banana.
- Heat a griddle on the stovetop to low. Use coconut oil spray to grease the griddle. Coconut oil tastes much better than other oils for this recipe.
- Pour mix onto griddle to make 6 small pancakes. If your griddle is small, just do 4 at a time. I make them about 3″ wide. You can pour more batter to get them bigger and just cook a little longer.
- Cook until they bubble a little – usually 1 minute and then flip and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Warm frozen or fresh blueberries in a pan on the stovetop or microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Top your pancakes with the warm blueberries. Store leftover blueberries in the fridge. It makes a good snack for later. I don’t use maple syrup since the blueberries have enough sweetness when warmed on the stovetop. Pair with turkey bacon or a side of veggies if desired.
Let me know if you enjoy these in the comments!
Kristina Cegla, INHC
Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach