A healthy treat for your sweet tooth!
These are one of my favorite desserts to make because they're simple, quick (about 10 min prep time) and delicious!
It's the perfect base for just about any warm or fresh fruit topping. I've used these cupcakes and added warm applesauce to create an "apple pie" dessert. You could even add blueberries inside and bake them for a blueberry vanilla cupcake!
Coconut flour is full of fiber and I only use a small amount of maple syrup so these are a low sugar option. The coconut oil and coconut butter naturally sweeten them while providing a healthy source of fat to keep you full. You really won't need more than 1 of these because they're so filling!
They make a great sweet treat when you want to indulge a little. Plus, they're tasty whether cold from the fridge, eaten at room temp, or microwaved for 30 seconds to warm them up.
Vanilla Coconut Flour Cupcakes
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Paleo
Yield: 9 cupcakes
Time: 40 min total
- 3/4 cup organic coconut flour
- 4 organic pasture-raised eggs
- 1/3 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/3 cup organic coconut oil, melted
- 4 tbl water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbl coconut butter
- Optional - fresh strawberries for garnish
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with parchment paper cups.
- Combine all ingredients, except the coconut oil, into one bowl. Stir well with a fork. For the coconut oil - spoon 1/3 cup into a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds to melt. Then add to baking mixture. Stir with fork until well combined.
- Use a spoon to drop batter into cupcake liners. They will rise just slightly when baking. Fill about 3/4 full. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting them. You can eat as is without frosting. Or add the coconut butter "frosting" to them. Spoon 3 tbl coconut butter into a dish and microwave for 20 seconds to warm it up.
- Use a spoon to drizzle the warm coconut butter on top of the cupcakes. Top with a strawberry or other fruit for garnish or eat as is. Can eat at room temp or refrigerate (coconut butter will form a hard glaze in the refrigerator).
- Great reheated in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute if you want them warm later on.
Let me know if you enjoy these in the comments!
Kristina Cegla, INHC
Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach